Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Today's Session

Today was my first heavy clean and press day with the 32kg. I took my time getting them done, but I got'em done!

After my presses I've been doing snatches with the 24kg in preparation for the snatch test in Oct. The ROP doesn't call for doing snatches in this format but I've modified it slightly to allow for more volume before I head out to MN.

My session went like this:

Clean and Press 32kg-3 ladders of 3 (1,2,3)
Snatch 24kg -3 ladders of 6 (2,4,6)

If you've noticed, it's very basic. I have a goal, a straight and simple road to get there, and the determination to get it done.

Your goal will determine the path you take but the blueprint should be the same:
1) Clearly define the goal
2)Figure out the most effective way to get you there
3)Stay on the straight and narrow path until you've reached your destination

There are obviously many other variables involved such as time, equipment, fitness level, knowledge, etc. but keep it more simple than complicated and you'll be in a better place -I promise!

Have fun, train smart, get strong,

Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment