Monday, September 6, 2010

Movin' on up

Monday was the first day using the 32kg (70lbs) bell as part of my program. I've used it occasionally for cleans, presses, swings, and get-ups; but Monday was the first day of it being a part of my program and it felt good! Challenging yes, but good.

I'm doing the Rite of Passage (ROP) from Enter the Kettlebell to prepare for my snatch test in Oct at the CK-FMS -and to build my pressing strengt so I can one day be able to press The Beast (106lbs kettlebell). I did 70 snatches in 5 min with the 24kg on Saturday and I wasn't even going all out so thats a good sign.

This is how my session went on Monday:
Clean & Press 32kg 5 ladders of 2 (1,2)
Snatch 24kg 5 ladders of 4 (2, 4)

That's it! Nothing complicated, just simple and effective. Monday was my moderate day so Today will be my heavy day and will have to do 3 ladders of 3 for my presses and 3 ladders of 6 (2,4,6) for my snatches. When I can do 5 ladders of 5 and 10 respectively, then it's time to move up again but for now I'm working on conquering this monster.

I'll let you know how today goes.

Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment